The Megohmmeter Model 6550 is a high-end portable measuring instrument intended for the measurement of a wide variety of electrical insulation resistance values on cables and devices operating at high voltage. It is the only fully automated 10,000V graphical insulation tester. The True Megohmmeter® Model 6550 is packaged in a rugged case that is IP65 when closed. Test results and configuration information are displayed on a graphical LCD screen and are exportable via DataView® (provided). This megohmmeter can operate on battery or AC power.
The Model 6550 also offers the ability to program up to three step voltage profiles (from 40 to 10,000V), each containing up to ten steps. There are also ramp profiles and three programmable test voltages in addition to the standard fixed voltages of 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, and 10,000V.
- Detection and measurement of input voltage, frequency, and current prior to running a test
- Measurements at a fixed test voltage of 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10000 VDC
- Ramp voltage measurements with a ramp from 40 to 1100 V
- Step voltage measurements with steps from 40 to 10,000 V
- Non-destructive (early break) test, test stopped at a preset current (Break at I-limit) or Burn mode with no predefined stop point
- Digital filtering of insulation measurements
- Live measurement of the voltage to warn the operator of potential unsafe conditions
- Programmable thresholds to trigger audible
- Timed measurement duration checks
- Fuse protection with display indication of defective fuse condition
- Stores up to 80,000 measurements
- Optically-isolated USB communication for transfer onto PC and report generation with the included DataView software