The AEMC 275HVD (2131.12) Non-Contact High Voltage Detector is designed to detect the presence of high voltage without physical contact. An 8-position rotary switch selects the detection range. As the sensor is moved closer to the voltage carrying conductor, its sensor head picks up the radiated electric field. Once the threshold is reached, the buzzer sounds and a bright red warning light alerts the operator of live conductors.
The Model 275HVD is powered by three standard Alkaline C cell batteries and can be used both in- and out-of-doors. A universal spline on the back-end facilitates attachment to any standard hot stick. A self-test position ensures that all circuitry and annunciators are working properly before use.
- Detects presence of high voltage without physical contact
- Wide detection range from 80V to 275kV suitable for numerous applications
- Eight switch-selectable voltage sensitivity ranges
- Lightweight construction minimizes sway at the end of long hot sticks
- Provides audible and visual indication of live voltage
- Self-test ensures all system functions and indicators are working properly by energizing the complete system
- Designed for use with hot sticks incorporating a shotgun adapter
- Powered by three standard Alkaline C cell batteries
- Works on unshielded cables only