The powerful FITEL S179 Hand-Held, Core Alignment Fusion Splicer delivers fast and reliable optical fiber splicing even under harsh environmental conditions. Offering a wide range of capabilities, this fusion splicing machine opens the door to an entirely new range of applications.
Designed with end users and rugged field use in mind, the FITEL S179 Fusion Splicer delivers rapid splicing and heating for consistent results, splice after splice. Suitable for use with ultra-bend insensitive and large area effective fibers, this fusion splicing machine is an excellent choice for a variety of deployments including data centers, Metro and FTTx. A broad range of new features that enhance communication, ease of use, portability and field durability combine to make the S179 Fusion Splicer one of the most powerful and userfriendly fusion splicing machines available today.
Key Features and Functions
- Fast and consistent fiber splicing for exceptional performance
- NEW design features enhanced ease of use, maintenance, speed and shock resistance
- Large capacity, internal battery charging system allows 200 splicing cycles (splicing/heating) in one charge
- Wide splicing chamber for easy fiber loading
- Lower profile, lighter weight design enhances portability
- Powerful, high-propulsion motor (8N) for stable splicing
- Compatible with Splice-On-Connectors (SOC)