Key Features and Functions
The IFI T186-40 RF Microwave TWT (Traveling Wave Tube) Amplifier provides outstanding RF performance. The IFI T186-40 Amplifier incorporates the latest features with respect to control and monitoring. The amplifier is a field-proven and reliable amplifier, that offers unsurpassed performance as the best in the industry.
The IFI T186-40 features operational safety and is easy to use. It includes a full complement of RF and hardware protection systems, including high VSWR, over-current, and voltage protection as well as redundant thermal and airflow sensors to prevent the TWT amplifier from overheating. In addition, the T186-40 TWT amplifier includes a modern interface that is intuitive and simple to use. The modular construction and design minimizes internally produced EMI signal leakage and provides easy access for field service and rapid turnaround at depot level repair facilities.
The backlit LCD screen shows forward/reverse power indication, system status, and self-diagnostic information. All the high power TWT amplifier operating parameters are simultaneously available in the amplifier front panel display as well as over the remote bus. Selection switches allow you to switch the amplifier to the desired mode of operation for local control if the unit is not being operated remotely.
- VSWR Reflected Power Protection, the unit operates without damage or oscillation into any magnitude of phase or load impedance, Open and Short Circuit Protection.
- * Alternate Prime Power (specify at time of order)
- GPIB IEEE 488 & RS232 Remote Control
- RF Sample Port on the Front Panel, 112R for rear panel
- Internal Pre-amplification to obtain rated output power with an input level of 0 dBm or less.
- RF Input/Output Connectors on the Front Panel, 118R for rear panel
- Internal Systems Diagnostics & Status Indicators
- Filament/Beam Elapsed Time Metering in hours
- RF Safety Interlock
- Forward/Reflected Power Indication simultaneously on Front Panel display