Key Features and Functions
The Megger MCTT-10 Current Transformer Tester is a portable unit for saturation and ratio testing performed on current transformers by means of the voltage-comparison method. Megger MCTT-10 transformer testers offer a variable voltage output and precision instrumentation for testing single and multi-ratio CTs. This allows the user to measure the CT ratio without the heavy equipment required to determine the CT ratio with the current-comparison method. The Megger MCTT-10 weighs only 37 lbs (16.8 kg) compared to most devices that use the current comparison method, which often weigh in excess of 100 lbs (45 kg).
- Performs saturation and ratio tests on CTs using the voltage-comparison method
- Tests bushing CTs mounted inside transformers or switchgear
- Eliminates the need for large primary injection test systems to test CT saturation and ratio
- Saturation and ratio tests performed without changing test lead connections
- Overload and short-circuit protection