The Omicron DIRANA uses dielectric frequency response (DFR) analysis in order to determine the condition of high-voltage insulation systems such as those in power transformers, bushings, cables and generators.
It automatically analyses and determines the water content and the oil conductivity in different types of cellulose insulation. You can test assets filled with mineral oil, natural and synthetic ester as well as air or vacuum. The measurement results are shown in categories defined by IEC 60422.
Key Features and Functions
- Compact and rugged all-in-one test set
- Revolutionary new FDS & PDC+ algorithm for up to 20x faster testing
- Less than 2 hours for a full 10 µHz – 1 kHz frequency sweep
- Fully automatic parameter setting and improved moisture assessment for optimal results
- Support of ester-filled assets due to new databases for synthetic and natural ester
- Guided workflow for test setup, execution and assessment for easy analysis without expert knowledge