The SR430 is the first multichannel scaler which combines amplifiers, discriminators, bin clocks, and data analysis in a single, integrated instrument. With its many features and its easy-to-use menu-driven interface, the SR430 simplifies time-resolved photon counting experiments.
The SR430 Multichannel Scaler/Averager can be thought of as a photon counter that counts events as a function of time. A trigger starts the counter which segments photon count data into sequential time bins (up to 32k bins). The width of the bins can be set from 5 ns to 10 ms. The instrument records the number of photons that arrive in each bin.
The SR430 is useful in a variety of applications where it is necessary to count events as a function of time: LIDAR, time of flight mass spectroscopy, and fluorescence decay measurements are just a few examples.
- 5 ns to 10 ms bin width
- Count rates up to 100 MHz
- 1k to 32k bins per record
- Built-in discriminator
- No interchannel dead time
- On-screen data analysis
- Hardcopy output to printers/plotters
- GPIB and RS-232 interfaces
- 100, 120/220, 240 Vac; 50/60 Hz operation
- Weight: 30 lb; Size: 6.25 in H x 17.0 in W x 16.5 in D