This unit is used in testing audio equipment.
Coupled with the AA501A Distortion Analyzer you have a complete audio equipment test set.
The IM test signal option consists of a buffer amplifier that, when the IM button is pressed, patches in an external signal from the backplane of the mainframe.
The model WR is a specially modified "Option 02" SG505 that accepts an external IM signal instead of generating it internally.
Originally it was intended to accept an adjustable frequency IM signal from an SG505-WQ plugged in next to it in a TM504A mainframe. This allowed the IM frequency to be adjusted instead of having the fixed 60 or 250Hz signal of the "Option 02" version.
It is not necessary to have the WQ or to patch in any external signal to use the WR UNLESS you wish to use the IM function, in which case an external signal will be required. It is also possible, with some skill, to modify this unit back to the "Option 02" configuration.
- 10-Hz to 100-kHz Sine Wave Output
- Ultra-Low Distortion: < 0.0008% THD (Typically 0.0003%)
- Floating or Grounded Output
- 600 Ohm Source Impedance
- Vernier Frequency Control
- Fully Balanced Outout to +28 dBm (SG505 Option 02)
- Selectable Source Impedance (SG505 Option 02)
- Intermodulation Test Signal (Options 01 and 02)