Based on the award winning VIAVI T-BERD/MTS-8000 platform covering installation, maintenance and troubleshooting testing needs of any optical networks, the T-BERD/MTS-8000 V2 meets next generation network challenges with additional fiber inspection & test, ROADM and 40G / 100G test capabilities.
- Future ready to keep ahead of technology curve: from traditional fiber and BERT testing to advanced high speed ROADM testing and 40G / 100G service activation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Scales as your network scales: mix and match over 40 apps and hundreds of test configurations to meet your exact needs
- Cuts down testing and post-processing time: boosted processing power, built-in pass/fail functionality and automated test scripts drive best practices and close-out reports in PDF format
- Connects everywhere from anywhere: 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB and Ethernet.
- Remotely coach and support field techs with Smart Access Anywhere (SAA)
- Enables optical connector inspection and full fiber characterization withOTDR, IL, ORL, CD, PMD and AP
- Tests and troubleshoot WDM systems and ROADM networks with Optical Spectrum & Correlation Analyzers.
- Tests and troubleshoots converged Ethernet/IP networks at 10 Mbps to 100 Gpbs interfaces and captures and analyzes packets
- Tests Layer 1-3 Ethernet/IP SLAs with an automated, enhanced RFC 2544/SAMComplete per ITU-T Y.1564.
- Tests TDM/PDH to SONET/SDH at OC-3/STM-1 to OC-192/STM-64, including service disruption measurements and path overhead (POH) capture with triggers
- Measures PMD on live traffic and tests in-band OSNR in DWDM/ROADM systems with In-Service PMD
- Enables installation and maintenance of OTN networks up to 11.1 Gbps andOTU4 with full 100 Gpbs client .
- Supports 1/2/4/8/10 Gpbs FC for installation and maintenance of SANs and low-latency circuits
- 10.4 inch high-visibility touch screen display
- High-speed PowerPC processor, rugged SATA solid-state hard disk and latest high-capacity Li Ion battery technologies
- 1G Ethernet, Wireless connectivity (3G, Wifi, Bluetooth) and four USB interfaces
- Built-in optical options including power meter, VFL and talk set
- Automated connector inspection with IEC pass/fail analysis
- Compatible with T-BERD/MTS 6000 test modules