The 2620A Hydra Series II Data Acquisition Unit is a multi-channel data acquisition unit able to measure ac and dc voltages, temperature via thermocouples and RTDs, resistance, and frequency. It features 21 measurement channels, 8 digital input/output lines, a Totalizer input, and 4 alarm output lines. The Data Acquisition Unit is easily carried by hand and can be ac or dc powered. The user can choose communications with a host computer over an RS-232 (standard) or IEEE-488 (2620A/05) computer interface.
The 2620A comes with a removable Universal Input Module that enables fast, convenient set-up and reconfiguration. Any combination of dc voltage, ac voltage, thermocouple, RTD, resistance, or frequency measurements can be connected to the input module without the need for additional signal conditioning. Thermocouple reference junction compensation is automatically performed by sensing the temperature of the input module's isothermal block.
- Channel Scanning: can be continuous scanning, scanning at an interval time, single scans, or triggered (internal or external) scans
- Channel Monitoring: make measurements on a single channel and view these measurements on the display
- Channel Scanning and Monitoring: view measurements made for the monitor channel while scanning of all active channels continues
- Multi-Function Display: Left (numeric) display shows measurement readings; also used when setting numeric parameters; Right (alphanumeric) display used for numeric entries, channel number selection and display, status information, and operator prompts
- Front-Panel Operation
- Measurement Input Function and Range:
- Volts dc (Vdc), dc voltage ranges 300 mV, 3 V, 30 V, 300 V
- Volts ac (Vac), ac voltage ranges 300 mV, 3 V, 30 V, 300 V
- Frequency (Hz), 15 Hz to 1 MHz
- Resistance (Ω), resistance ranges: 300Ω, 3 kΩ, 30 kΩ, 300 kΩ, 3 MΩ, 10 MΩ